iPhone App for Cicerone Publishers
A unique software development for Cumbria based publisher, Cicerone, award winning publishers of guidebooks for walking, climbing, trekking and cycle touring. The Cicerone Explorer iphone app has been developed to assist Cicerone to engage with a new target market. With a mix of useful and fun elements for outdoor enthusiasts the iphone app development provides an innovative way to widen the promotion of the Cicerone brand.
This comprehensive iPhone app development comprises a kit of 5 tools including:
- 'Locate Me' which uses GPS to find your longitude/latitute and then convert it into an o/s grid reference
- 'Send A Photo' which allows a user to photograph their journey, add a caption and upload it to the Cicerone website alongside the relevant guidebook
- 'Mountain Safety' comprises top tips for keeping safe outdoors
- 'Find A Guide' which provides searchable functionality of over 300 guidebooks to locate one relevant to where you are
- 'Be A Winner', Cicerone's monthly outdoor knowledge quiz which utilises unique discount vouchers for their guidebooks if a user wins.
Technologies Used Include:
- Real time XML data feeds (product catalogues) sending information to the iPhone, which is then saved to the device and can be updated at any point by just clicking a button.
- Sending images and XML data back to web services
- Integration with GPS and conversion to UK OS grid reference system
Contact us now to discuss your iPhone App development ideas.
- iPhone App Development, Cumbria Publishers
- iphone app development, iphone development, iphone application development, iphone app development cumbria
Villa rental website with 128 exclusive properties overseas.
In 2009, I moved my business from a company in India, and engaged Impact Technology to maintain and develop my vacation rental website. Since then the website has undergone many large changes from a complete redesign, to simplifying booking functionality and enhancing usability features. There have also been many back end changes, simplifying key administration tasks, including the creation of a variety of complex reporting and financial functions.
More recently we have been focused on social aspects and enhancing the delivery of guest services to our customers before arrival and during their stay. Impact have developed bespoke forums for us so that guests can ask questions of other guests prior to booking, and integrated live chat software to the website to support pre-sales. We are about to launch a bespoke private messaging system that will allow guests to communicate, both with each other and key members of staff, before, during and after their visit.
I have found Impact’s input into all of these changes invaluable. Andy will always find the most efficient and budget conscious solution to a problem, and Jo has often been a sounding board for looking at things from the customers perspective. Thus far it’s been a mutually beneficial relationship and I am confident it will continue to be so.
Prem Chadeesingh, Managing Director