iPhone App for Cicerone Publishers
A unique software development for Cumbria based publisher, Cicerone, award winning publishers of guidebooks for walking, climbing, trekking and cycle touring. The Cicerone Explorer iphone app has been developed to assist Cicerone to engage with a new target market. With a mix of useful and fun elements for outdoor enthusiasts the iphone app development provides an innovative way to widen the promotion of the Cicerone brand.
This comprehensive iPhone app development comprises a kit of 5 tools including:
- 'Locate Me' which uses GPS to find your longitude/latitute and then convert it into an o/s grid reference
- 'Send A Photo' which allows a user to photograph their journey, add a caption and upload it to the Cicerone website alongside the relevant guidebook
- 'Mountain Safety' comprises top tips for keeping safe outdoors
- 'Find A Guide' which provides searchable functionality of over 300 guidebooks to locate one relevant to where you are
- 'Be A Winner', Cicerone's monthly outdoor knowledge quiz which utilises unique discount vouchers for their guidebooks if a user wins.
Technologies Used Include:
- Real time XML data feeds (product catalogues) sending information to the iPhone, which is then saved to the device and can be updated at any point by just clicking a button.
- Sending images and XML data back to web services
- Integration with GPS and conversion to UK OS grid reference system
Contact us now to discuss your iPhone App development ideas.
- iPhone App Development, Cumbria Publishers
- iphone app development, iphone development, iphone application development, iphone app development cumbria
Badger Office Supplies - Karl
Badger Office Supplies
Ecommerce website selling ink and toner cartridges.
Impact Technology worked very closely with us throughout the planning process of a new retail website, offering expert advice and opening our eyes to new technology and various digital marketing options. Andy and Jo kept in regular contact throughout the development stage by providing updates, recommendations and generally being a cut above other web developers that we have worked with in the past.
Since the launch of our website, Impact Technology have developed a range of bespoke features that have allowed us to control our catalogue of products more effectively, measure the behavior of visitors in more detail and enabling us to implement new features as and when they are released by the OScommerce community. Impact Technology have been, and continue to be, an absolute joy to work with.
Kal Kitchen, Sales Director