iPhone App for Cicerone Publishers
A unique software development for Cumbria based publisher, Cicerone, award winning publishers of guidebooks for walking, climbing, trekking and cycle touring. The Cicerone Explorer iphone app has been developed to assist Cicerone to engage with a new target market. With a mix of useful and fun elements for outdoor enthusiasts the iphone app development provides an innovative way to widen the promotion of the Cicerone brand.
This comprehensive iPhone app development comprises a kit of 5 tools including:
- 'Locate Me' which uses GPS to find your longitude/latitute and then convert it into an o/s grid reference
- 'Send A Photo' which allows a user to photograph their journey, add a caption and upload it to the Cicerone website alongside the relevant guidebook
- 'Mountain Safety' comprises top tips for keeping safe outdoors
- 'Find A Guide' which provides searchable functionality of over 300 guidebooks to locate one relevant to where you are
- 'Be A Winner', Cicerone's monthly outdoor knowledge quiz which utilises unique discount vouchers for their guidebooks if a user wins.
Technologies Used Include:
- Real time XML data feeds (product catalogues) sending information to the iPhone, which is then saved to the device and can be updated at any point by just clicking a button.
- Sending images and XML data back to web services
- Integration with GPS and conversion to UK OS grid reference system
Contact us now to discuss your iPhone App development ideas.
- iPhone App Development, Cumbria Publishers
- iphone app development, iphone development, iphone application development, iphone app development cumbria
No.1 ecommerce website - Andrew Strain
Ecommerce website serving 6 major UK Airports.
We contracted Impact to help us develop an ecommerce website offering executive lounge services at Heathrow, Gatwick & Stansted. Impact assisted in writing the functional specification and developed the ecommerce store from scratch. Over time we have enhanced the website to now take bookings for everything from lounge access to limousine hire, and airside bedrooms to spa services. This website queries real-time availability using web API's and pushes bookings through to the relevant airport lounges, plus distributes messaging to all appropriate services eg concierge, beauty therapists etc. There are also affiliate tracking systems and dynamic discount code features.
This project has involved some complex problem solving and development and we have always found Andy more than capable of delivering a solution that has met our needs, timeline and budget.
I have always found Impact to be prompt in communications, available to discuss any ideas or issues that we’ve had, and they have often gone the extra mile by making changes to our website and epos systems in the early hours of the morning so as to minimise disruption to our executive lounges.
Director of Digital