Dynamic desktop applications customised to your needs
Desktop application development is the method used to create an application that runs locally on a pc or laptop rather than a web-based application which runs over the Internet.
Generally speaking desktop applications have an easy to use interface, accessed from your computer, and traditional uses include large scale applications for operations, management and delivery. This landscape is changing though and along with the traditional uses there are now many smaller (widget) applications emerging with niche features designed to assist both corporates and consumers with a specific task.
Impact staff have much experience in delivering custom desktop applications for both business and leisure requirements. We believe in a 'best of both' approach which utilises the benefits and flexibility of web technologies to deliver your application to your targets desktops. We believe this approach increases your applications flexibility and lowers your cost of distribution.
Impact's Desktop Applications Have a Number of Common Features:
- A clean user interface, keeping usability at the forefront of any design.
- Scalability, with the ability to be added to or seamlessly expanded.
- Fully integrateable, interfacing with other software components and utilising their functionality eg reporting, exporting, emailing etc.
Impact's Approach to Desktop Application Development:
- Requirements capture - working with you we will establish what you would like your desktop application to do and therefore how we can achieve it.
- Functional specification - we then produce a full functional specification mapping out how every feature and function will operate and how we propose to build your desktop application.
- Development of application - once you have signed off the functional specification we get to work on coding your application to pull together a working version.
- User interface - working in collaboration we design a suitable interface that utilises a clean and easy to use design.
- Testing - your system is tested by Impact and then handed over to you for user acceptance testing in a staged live environment.
- Go live - your application is rolled out to your users or made available for download.
To discuss your custom desktop application development contact us today.
Read more about our software development services: